Application Security Architect is urgently required by my client who are a leading date technology company to join them on permanent basis working predominantly from home with occasional travel to their offices in Exeter, Kent and Reading.
The Application Security Architect will have an extensive experience in an engineering role with hands-on SDLC experience and ability to work across a wide range of applications – legacy and new and various services, software, systems, and API’s/
The Application Security Architect will report to the Head of Information Security and take ownership of secure software design, build and delivery standards, policies and procedures and general security queries to other employees and the team. The responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Create and implement secure software design, coding, and delivery templates, procedures, policies, and standards
- Act as a security advisor, provide secure development training, to Engineering colleagues
- Design, configure, install, and operate Application security testing tools and systems (e.g. Snyk, Checkmarx, etc)
- Continuous monitoring and resolving of software security vulnerabilities, threats, incidents
- Create reports, analysis and presentations for colleagues and senior management
- Regular communication with Software Development and Information Security teams as well as provide support to Product and the wider IT team.
- Interact with external suppliers, to identify, understand and quantify information security and cyber risks with a particular focus on Software/Application Security
The Application Security Architect will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Linux/Unix certifications (hands-on, practical focus)
- Security certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SDLC
- Experience working within an Agile framework and with Agile software development
- Excellent experience with monitoring and preventing security issues in software architecture and development – OWASP, SEI CERT C / J, etc.
- Experience with Open Source tools
- Understanding of Security standards i.e. BSIMM, ISO 27001, GDPR
- Coding experience in multiple languages
- STEM University Degree
The Application Security Architect role offers up to £700 per day for an initial 3 month contract