The role revolves around dealing with incidents (ticketing) and system administration with independent queue management through Remedy force.
This is a tremendous opportunity to become an integral part of a world-leading higher education institution and monitor service performance to ensure smooth use of the service.
- Support the institutions internal Research profile system.
- Responsible for analysing, prioritising, and resolving customer support incidents which may be application, data or system related.
- Deal with user enquiries via phone or in writing in a polite and responsive manner.
- Liaise member of the institutions internal information services division in reference to system upgrades ensuring users are aware of downtime, changes, or other issues that will have an impact on their ability to use the research portal.
- Monitor service performance and provide a monthly report based on UCL’s desired key performance indicators.
- Experience of providing user focused 1st and 2nd line support.
- Familiarity with querying SQL and Oracle databased.
- Understanding of Linux infrastructure, including web service technologies and familiarity with Unix.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Desirable: Familiarity with RemedyForce and ITIL processes and Java experience.