Big Data Engineer with strong exposure to Java 8 and Spark wanted by a Tier 1 Investment Banking client to support on establishing new data feeds for their newly built Azure platform.
This is a hands-on role working with one of the worlds most recognised SocGen supporting them on their move to being a data focused organisation utilising Azure.
The team you will be working in have two responsibilities. The two main responsibilities of this department are to develop and maintain a client facing portal (Pulse) and the data distribution for Prime Services which feeds to Pulse and many other downstream applications such as Risk / Finance / Regulatory etc.
If you are a big Data Engineer with experience in Java 8, Spark and Azure, and you want to have a genuine impact on a household name investment bank, this could be the perfect contract for you!
Why has the role come about?
- Development in the UK team of the new Azure-based replacement of the Global Data Warehouse.
- Handle development tasks using Azure, Spark, Hive, Kubernetes, Java, PostGres SQL.
- Liaise with Infrastructure teams to ensure proper application configuration, deployment, and performance
- Provides level three support during EMEA business hours in rotation with other developers.
- Liaise with business users to collect and define solution requirements
This is a contract role for an initial period of 12 months offering up to £650 per day (inside).
I MUST stress in order to be considered for this role candidates are required to have strong experience with Java 8, Speak and Azure.