Data Scientists at varying levels now required to join my public Sector Client on an interim basis to build a new Data Science, Performance analysis and ML function.
The Data Scientists will be responsible for supporting the build of live services for internal and external users and the role will cover a raft of activities including implementing real time data visualization, geospatial mapping, timeseries analysis, development of Machine Learning models and production deployment of Deep Learning based services.
The Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant practical experience in leading edge data science and machine learning techniques applied at scale, particularly in the fields of NLP, geospatial, computer vision and knowledge graphs/mining;
- Experience building services to Government ethics guidance, data security best practice
- Experience deploying and operating enterprise-level, analytics platforms on premises and in-cloud
- Practical analytics/data engineering with (or Accredited training in): ArcGIS/QGIS, Python (scientific/geospatial/ML stacks) and/or Scala, Distributed compute (Dask/Spark), Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.), Graph databases, Linked open data (RDF, SPARQL).
- Experience providing subject matter expertise across a wide range of internally and externally facing projects
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrate a range of techniques, including dashboarding, in open source and enterprise reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- Demonstrable practical experience in delivering high value end-to-end data science projects in production environments, using modern architectures, cloud compute platforms and both open source and enterprise tools;
- Delivery of geospatial analysis, visualisation and services to support digital transformation programmes (using tools like ArcGIS Enterprise / Pro / FME / QGIS)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed data Science team and implement innovative solutions that deliver significant business benefit.