Leading SAAS company who specialize in risk products for the property and finance markets require a data scientist.
You will be working to deliver exploratory analysis, statistical descriptions, and build predictive models based on consumer, business, and spatial data. Using data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and identify opportunities for innovation across the company. The role will focus on mining, cleaning, understanding, explaining, and modelling data from various sources, and presenting these findings to a wider audience. The team will be measured on ensuring projects can demonstrate the financial impact of leveraging data analytics and modelling.
Ideally you will have worked with Address data previously. Main tasks include:
- Address/Data Cleansing
- Data Assurance
- Data Management/Processing
- Contribute to Process Improvement Continual review of processes and methods; defining new methods and mechanisms.
Our ideal data scientist has a background in a quantitative or technical field, with experience working with large data sets, data analytics or machine learning, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. We require a result focussed self-starter, who can demonstrate success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a project.
- Data manipulation, cleaning, visualisation
- Linear regression, cluster analysis, classification
- Strong statistics
- Strong Leadership and Influencing skills; interacting with senior stakeholders; highly personable
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- High degree of numeracy
This contract offers between 400-450 per day depending on experience, office location is Reading however this is a home based position. Duration is an initial 3 months.