DevSecOps / Cloud Security Specialist is required by a leading data technology company to join them on permanent basis working predominantly from home with occasional travel to their offices in Exeter, Kent and Reading.
The Cloud Security Specialist will be embedded within the DevOps teams and provide in-depth Cloud security expertise to the rest of the DevOps and Information Security teams. The Cloud Security specialist will take ownership of the creation of secure cloud design, configuration and operations standards, policies and procedures and they will provide security advice to IT and the wider teams.
The Cloud Security Specialist will report to the Head of Information Security and take ownership of secure software design, build and delivery standards, policies and procedures and general security queries to other employees and the team. The responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Design secure cloud infrastructures and delivery systems
- Point of Contact (POC) for all Cloud security events
- Ensure Azure, AWS, SalesForce, etc are configured securely according to industry and company standards
- Provide expert Cloud security advice to DevOps and Software Engineering staff
- Monitor and respond to all information security and cyber related events, issues, incidents, threats, and attacks
The Cloud Security Specialist will have the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- A STEM University Degree
- Linux/Unix certifications
- Cloud and/or Cloud security certifications
- Extensive experience and expertise with Cloud environments, systems and tools i.e. Terraform as well as technologies such as routing & switching, DNS, FW, IDS, Anomaly detection
- Proven experience with IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/hybrid, containers, serverless
- Scripting and automation: Advanced ability to read and understand code, understand logs and alerts, to use
- Experience with using specialist tools - cloud native and 3rd party
- Programming languages skills for task automation
- Experience with security laws and frameworks - e.g. CIS Top20, ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53, BSIMM, etc; GDPR, etc.
This role offers £700 per day for an initial 3 months.