One of the world’s leading restaurant groups (4000 outlets worldwide and an iconic brand) require a Digital Services Manager to be responsible for their European digital platforms. This role is based near to West Byfleet in Surrey (mix of home working and some time in office when conditions allow).
Responsibilities will include
- Be primary contact for the digital platform for all EU markets working with each country’s cross functional digital teams.
- Lead engagement with Global teams for reuse and coworking opportunities
- Work with the market partners to understand customer insight, performance of products and business requirements to be able to prioritise optimisation across products to deliver continuous improvement, managing a squad to deliver all changes required (front end UI, UX and development).
- Working in partnership with the Lead Product Owner, create a vision for each service and any new platform services or features
- Maintain a single backlog with other squads for your digital products, by creating tickets and working with your squad to ensure they cover the customer and business need, technical specifications and requirements, testing approach and definition of done
- Deliver any new integrations to the digital platform from 3rd parties – delivery partners, POS systems, payment platforms as examples
- Own the CMS to ensure all markets are enabled to self-serve to deliver any promotional updates/manage product availability to the digital products in partnership with Marketing and Store managers.
- Own the Back of House Portal experience, to allow stores to singularly manage the menu/item availability in real time for their store across all digital channels
- Partner with the Lead Architect to ensure the data and Personalisation strategy is delivered for all digital channels.
- Own the daily/weekly reporting for the platform and ensure all stakeholders have instant access
- Be accountable for the performance of the digital platform and ensure performance standards are met
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, balancing commercial and technical requirements
- Monitors development of the product to ensure products are built and delivered to the highest quality
- Provide weekly update to Management Team on progress
- Manage the setup of end to end testing environment. The strategy is currently being defined
- Own the DevOps roadmap and ensure delivery across all squads
- Manage all our development partners, monitoring spend and regularly assessing performance, holding quarterly reviews
- Experience running Retail eCommerce channels, including knowledge of digital technology platforms, web and app development and technology operations.
- A clear understanding of the P&L and workings of a consumer-facing company
- Leadership skills, including getting results through others, engaging and empowering others, and working cross functionally
- Exceptional project management, influencing and communications skills
- Exceptional technical understanding – you don’t need to be able to code but you need to know enough to have healthy debates with our brilliant developers and architects!
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work in a structured and methodical manner
- A strong and proven desire to build know-how for yourself and for the organization
- A massive drive for results with a ruthless 80/20 focus
This is a great opportunity to join a global iconic brand, salary is circa £90k with an extensive corporate package and additional bonus structure. Location is near West Byfleet in Surrey and the role be a mix of remote and office based when conditions allow.