One of Europe’s leading e-commerce companies requires an Engineering Manager to lead an established mobile apps team working on their critical e-commerce platform in their central London HQ.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for defining and maintaining a strong engineering culture, taking a growth mindset to challenges and helping maintain standards.
You will be the manager for all the technical members, who are responsible for the management of delivery in each of their respective areas.
You will guide and support these managers in continuously improving the delivery processes, as well as helping to ensure clear and consistent decision making as part of the Technical Product Ownership that is inherent in the roles.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead your team to enable a great engineering culture
- Team building by identifying and hiring the best Engineers on the market
- Delivery of future facing scalable platforms
- Accountable planning within your team and ensuring that effective missions, goals and technical requirements are set and then delivered against
- Accountable for ensuring that our engineering principles are adhered to
- Facilitation and collaboration with cross-functional peers to deliver amazing experiences for our customers
- Work closely with peers in other business units creating trusted relationships to ensure goals, strategy and expectations are aligned
- Enable our data driven culture by ensuring we are proactively measuring engineering, customer and process metrics
- Manage stakeholders by proactively communicating metric driven updates to ensure your team is focused on impact
- Peak: prepare for and control the seasonality of the business owning the performance and support of the applications areas you are accountable
The Software Engineering Manager will possess the following skills/experience:
- Very strong line management and leadership experience.
- Strong experience building apps with Kotlin, Swift, Objective C and Node
- Demonstrable experience in rolling out and improving Agile processes, with an in-depth knowledge of Scrum and/or similar methodologies.
- Degree level education and/or in-depth experience in Computer Science.
- Excellent written and spoken English, ability to communicate with all levels of staff both internally and externally.
- Strong decision making, prioritisation and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and to evangelise Agile ways of working across the business.
- Analytical mind-set and rigour required
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced, innovative Engineering Manager to join a team at the forefront of their industry in a brand new, state of the art office.
This role is based in central London and offers a basic salary up to £110k with an exceptional benefits package.