Large travel company (FTSE 100) require Enterprise Security Architect - Cloud . This company are now incredibly busy post corona
Working with stakeholders within and outside IT, the Architecture function ensures that a common technology architecture framework is defined and adopted across the organisation. The Cybersecurity Architecture (CSA) team are responsible for the technical architecture of security specific platforms and applications as well as guiding and assuring the security aspects of all IT change, from transformative programmes and projects to business as usual and maintenance. The CSA team are highly collaborative and work across a broad range of stakeholders within IT, acting as ambassadors for cybersecurity to both educate and ensure alignment to cybersecurity policies, standards and patterns.
- Responsible for designing security platforms, applications and tools to deliver against the InfoSec Strategy and programmes, aligned to IT strategy and security standards
- Definition and ongoing curation of architecture documentation for security platforms and applications: producing architecture blueprints, HLDs and LLDs as required.
- Contributing to the procurement (RFI/RFP) of cybersecurity technology as needed Ownership of the full lifecycle of security technologies, applications and / or platforms that lie within their speciality domain o Participation in delivering change and the associated ongoing run, support & maintenance of cybersecurity platforms and applications
- Supporting solution architects and other technical architects in solution design that both depends on and drives change into cybersecurity platforms and applications
- Guidance and Assurance o Working closely with enterprise architects, solution architects, technical architects and other senior IT colleagues to ensure services are ‘Secure by Design’
- Definition of cybersecurity specific standards and patterns, and guidance on the security aspects of other IT standards and patterns o Definition and execution of cybersecurity assurance framework (as part of the wider enterprise Technical Design Assurance framework) to ensure IT change complies with cybersecurity standards and associated risks are registered and managed through collaboration with IT and enterprise risk management
- Providing IT teams with cybersecurity focussed technical consultancy as well as defining and curating supporting content to both educate and enable IT colleagues to self-serve
- Supporting the Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance function, assessing risk in IT change and recommending and designing security controls o Providing technical support in the assessment and achievement of compliance across relevant regulatory authorities
- Working closely with Security Operations, supporting incidents with other level 3 support teams. Providing guidance in the interpretation and application of management information and threat intelligence o Retaining a working knowledge of relevant cybersecurity topics such as; application, network and host, to enable effective liaison with other technical groups and protection of company information
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer-term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- The jobholder must have a thorough understanding of the security threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments and directions.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as the jobholder must be able to operate effectively at all levels within and outside of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a security architecture team including the production of design documentation (HLDs, LLDs, blueprints etc.)
- Experience of security systems and controls, such as vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, NAC, IAM, O365, AWS, SDLC and Web Application Firewalls
- Experience with security legislation, architecture and regulatory frameworks (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDPR, NIS, NIST)
- Ability to harness the commitment and contribution of team members outside of direct span of control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into security technical platforms and evaluate capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- A Self Starter with the ability to lead and drive change through an organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence decisions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture particularly technical design assurance
- Be a business-focussed, creative, innovative pragmatic and positive team player
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Masters in Information Security (MSc)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP)
Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Industry standard frameworks such as ITIL, TOGAF etc.
Experience of cloud architectures and technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.) and associated certifications e.g. AWS Security
This contract is for an initial 12 months and offers circa £800 per day inside of IR35. Position is a mix of home working with occasional travel to the office once a week. The office is North London.