Finance Reporting Manager will be joining a recognised Insurance powerhouse in their plush offices near Bank in London.
The role as a strong business as usual focus. However, the business is going through large scale, enterprise wide Finance Transformation now, the Finance Reporting Manager role would provide the opportunity to participate in that Finance Transformation.
The Ideal Finance Reporting Manager will have strong experience with SII, Statutory and Management Information reporting ideally within an insurance environment.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified with significant experience supporting similar businesses. However, the organisation will also consider career focused candidates who are looking to take a step up from their existing role.
- Production of all the external reporting produced by the Finance function including:
- Year End Statutory Accounts for the Group (and oversight of the other UK reporting entities).
- The year-end publicly available regulatory return for the Insurance Company and Group.
- The half yearly and annual external reporting to shareholders and/or debtholders; and
- Quarterly and annual regulatory returns.
- Supporting the preparation of all required papers to the Audit Committee and Board relating to internal and external reporting.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external auditors on the year end audit.
- Develop technical papers supporting any new accounting policies or treatments required together with supporting evidence.
- Produce the monthly financial performance report and the monthly Exec Committee report and for making improvements to the reporting process, controls, and final outputs for these documents
- Responsible for producing the quarterly management information report.
- Reviewing outputs from other members of the team, ensuring that all tasks are planned for sufficiently in advance, and to a sufficient level of detail to enable all required compilation, review and approval to be performed well in advance of any deadlines.
- Strong, detailed knowledge of the insurance industry (legal, reg and tax requirements)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Strong knowledge of Solvency II (accounting and reporting requirements)
- Solid understanding of pensions accounting
- Experience within the big four would be a benefit
- Team management a benefit
Experience / Qualifications
- Extensive team leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
Finance Reporting Manager is a permanent role based in London offering a salary up to £90,000 + bonus + bens.
I MUST stress in order to be considered for the above role candidates are required to be fully quallified with a minimum of 5 years PQE.