The Finance System Analyst role will be working for this recognised insurance organisations supporting on system optimisations.
The Finance System Analyst role is part of a wider team that manages Finance Systems and Data (which covers the management of finance models) and reports through the Capital, Insight & Actuarial function.
The Finance System role will suit candidates who have strong process knowledge as well as being part of fully qualified.
- Solid technical and analytical skills, with ability to interpret & present data clearly
- Strong EPM finance systems knowledge
- Strong finance process understanding, at least in one of the following areas: General Ledger, Consolidation, Solvency II, IFRS17, Reporting
- Experience of maintenance and/or delivery of large-scale finance systems
- Good understanding of databases, SQL, data uploads, interfaces with other systems, data extraction and manipulation
- Ability to work well on own and within a team environment
- Customer focused mindset
- Advanced knowledge of MS office products - in particular Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with working with third party providers to ensure the systems are working as required
- Experience of effective presentation of financial information to finance and non-finance staff
- An understanding of financial controls and reflecting these through workflows and controls on financial systems
- Extensive experience with improving (and implementing) new finance procedures
- Strong analytical, numeric and critical reasoning skills capable of delivering practical solutions to complex problems
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to identify innovative yet practical solutions to complex problems
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and tasks
- Prior experience with Oracle Fusion GL, Oracle Financial Close & Consolidation (FCCS), Tagetik and Moodys RiskIntegrity
- Part-qualified accountant - ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Experience of collaboration tools such as MS Teams, DevOps (using work items, boards, sprints, backlogs and queries to manage workload and releases)
The Finance System Analyst is a permanent role offering a salary up to £80,000 + benefits.