Financial Controller with a strong background in Financial Closing, Banking Accounting and Controls wanted by a leading, recognised Private Bank to support for 15 months maternity cover.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the Controls Framework and will act as the first line of defence over the accounting close data quality and processes, including monitoring of the permanent supervision, account certification and co-ordination of the internal control certification system.
The Financial Controller will be a critical role ensuring that there isn’t a weakening of the monitoring which could lead to errors in the accounting not being identified, which in turn to a material misstatement of the financial results, and key risks from the certification process being missed.
The Financial Controller will suit candidates who have experience with Investment or Private banking with exposure to Financial Closing, Audit, Accounting and Controls Frameworks.
Financial Controller Key Responsibilities
- Run the bank
- Ensure a high-quality closing monitoring
- Oversee and manage the internal control certification (I2C) process
- Oversee and manage the account ownership and certification (AOC) process
- Oversee and monitor the key performance indicators.
- Oversee and monitor key monthly DFIN controls
- Monitor progress and provide Management updates on the audit recommendations portfolio.
- Oversee and monitor the off shoring of accounting and group reporting production
- Supervision of non-consolidated subsidiaries
- Supervision of incident reporting
- Oversee and manage the annual RCSA for SGKH DFIN
Financial Controller Key Skills
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience and skills in audit, accounting, and controls framework
- Experience and knowledge of banking accounting,
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and banking regulations,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong ability to liaise will all relevant departments and levels of management,
- Ability to identify and take ownership of complex issues,
- Degree in Finance/Accounting with at least 10 years’ experience in a financial services company or significant experience in a similar function
This is a Fixed Term contract offering up to £120k per annum + bens for a period of 15 months to act as maternity cover.
I MUST stress in order to be considered for this role candidates are required to have strong experience with Financial Closing within Investment or Private Banking.