A global leader in electrical manufacturing is looking for a new GDPR Data Protection Officer to join the team, in order to advise and monitor adherence to GDPR standards across the data management office. The role is within the IT Business Services Team. You will have influence over all offices across the UK, and be in regular communication with the European offices.
- Professional qualification in data protection
- Strong knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws
- Familiarity with the electronics industry and the nature of its data processing
- Strong understanding how to prepare and undertake internal audits (in line with our current procedures)
- Broad experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience of delivering data protection workshops
- Strong stakeholder management
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments in line with corporate guidance
- Draft and review changes to sales and procurement contracts to preserve data protection
- Act as point of contact with EU residents, supervisory authorities, and internal teams
- Evaluate the Company’s data processing activities
- Monitor Company compliance and data management
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure that all data is managed within legal timeframes (e.g. deleting data when necessary)
- Liaise with other organisations that process data on our behalf
- Produce and/or make changes to detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits to determine if procedures need to be changed to comply with regulations
- Provide consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Arrange GDPR training for employees
- Keep up to data with legal changes to data protection, and ensure compliance
- Working closely with the both the Legal and Compliance teams regarding contract review, DPA and DPIA processes
- Develop and improve practices and processes regarding GDPR and other ISM related topics.
- Manage the branch Article 30 register
This role requires a strong knowledge of GDPR and a commitment to closely follow changes to the law.
The office is based in Hertfordshire and the role will be split between office and remote working. Company employment benefits include healthcare benefits covering medical, dental, vision, and prescriptions; life insurance; pet insurance; 401k support; and employee discounts across Apple and other big brands.