A leading global healthcare / pharmaceutical company is looking for a Group Reporting Manager in order to provide high quality financial analytics.
This company is one of the largest pharma companies in the world and one of the UK’s largest (FTSE 20). There brands are house hold names and sold in over 150 countries.
Main purpose of the role
- Providing high quality financial analytics to support the external results process, including the quarterly earnings release and the Annual Report;
- Supporting the preparation of the consolidated management and financial results, including income statement, consolidated balance sheet, statement of changes in equity and statement of cash flows using data submitted by c450 entities for use in internal monthly reporting as well as external quarterly and annual reporting;
- Assist with queries from subsidiaries and senior management regarding balance sheet and cashflow movements and transactions.
- Ownership of other ad hoc projects, including project management of the preparation of the financial disclosures in the Annual report, coordinating with the other members of the Group consolidation team and the External Reporting team.
- Support the planning and preparatory work for the separation of the company into two separate companies and to ensure any changes for the new company’s consolidation process have been implemented in line with the agreed project
Academic and technical skills:
- Educated to degree level
- Member of a professional accounting organisation (eg ICAEW; CIMA; ACCA) or equivalent.
- Experience including multi-national group consolidations as well as experience of the culture of very large organisations would be advantageous
- High degree of competence in financial accounting and reporting as well as knowledge of current accounting standards (IFRS), in particular business combinations, asset impairment and cashflow reporting.
The following skills and capabilities should have been demonstrated in prior experience:
- Organisational skills, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- The role involves interaction with many stakeholders and therefore good relationship building and influencing skills are important to be successful in this role
- Flexible communication skills are required to present information depending on the customers’ specific needs
- A high degree of ownership and ability to drive processes and projects: Initiate and assist in improvements to reporting processes and challenge existing accounting treatments and reporting processes, in order to improve quality of reported information. The role is responsible to drive projects and annual processes using resources available
- Accuracy / attention to detail / integrity in producing results is essential
This position is a mix of remote with occasional travel to the West London HQ. Daily rate is £600 per day inside of IR35.
Exceptional opportunity to work for one of the largest companies in the UK in a position with true impact while the company goes through significant change.