About our client:
My client is a well-established multibillion-dollar professional communications firm. With 400 + offices in various locations. They are currently leading the market within their industry. Their current growth plans include continually expansion whilst Creating an innovative and forward-thinking culture is ahead of their agenda.
Services include, Telecommunications.
They have an immediate requirement to hire a Head of Continuous Improvement from a Lean Six Sigma background.
This role will be responsible for implementing change strategies throughout the business. In addition to this, manage marginal gains across the finance department. The role will also work collaboratively with the finance team, assisting in team management.
Principle duties/ responsibilities:
- Deliver Continuous improvement programmes across the UK business
- Facilitate collaboration with the finance team to proactively identify further opportunities and solutions with mutually agreeable impact and benefits.
- Monitor activity across the business to aid financial savings.
- Innovative way of thinking and an ability to think outside the box.
- Exemplify a passion and hunger for fast career progression.
- Constructively challenge the organisation to constantly improve operational capability and performance.
- Highlight and escalate risks/issues and help develop risk mitigation strategies to ensure the success of deployments.
- Accountancy background
- Thorough understanding of Continuous Improvement and process improvement
- management and improvement methodologies (ideally Six Sigma)
- Certification in quality, OpEx or project management methodology (Master Black Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience of working on a project team for large and complex projects and track record of high-quality performance.
- knowledge of operational improvement and lean methodologies.
- A practical understanding of how to effectively work on complex projects and the ability to structure, analyse and confidently present complex ideas and data.
- Experience of process re-design and improvement.