Large international IT services provider with a large base in Cardiff requires a IT Shared Service Manage to look after a team of 12 support center staff. This company managed hosting and cloud infrastructure services and solutions
Reporting directly into the Managed Service Director you will be a senior member of the team and responsible for the coordination of all activities and projects falling within the essential duties of Shared Service Operations to assure high quality and uninterrupted functioning of client environments
Areas of responsibility
- Managing all tickets logged into the queue
- Managing client communication
- Conducting proactive and reactive problem management
- Reducing the number of repeat issues through root cause analysis
- Building strong client relationships by becoming a point of contact for clients
- Working with internal departments to mitigate client concerns
- Supervise activities of staff; Responsible for monitoring individual and team performance against agreed
- Prepare formal performance evaluations
- Counsel staff and coordinate training as needed
- Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Conduct regular meetings with staff – biweekly 1/1 meetings with associates; Conduct bi-weekly Team meetings to communicate team, group and organization information
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Willing to work as a team across geographies
- Coordinate projects. Develop & deliver proposals, plans and Work with department managers and IT staff to understand full project scope for successful project management and implementation.
Experience and knowledge required to perform the role.
- Possess a strong understanding of OS and Network infrastructure architecture
- Good experience and hands-on troubleshooting of Enterprise infrastructure across Open Systems including Microsoft Windows Server and Linux and Middleware and Database management
- An understanding of Infrastructure technologies like Storage Area Networks and
- Additional preferred knowledge: VMware ESX, VSphere, Exchange, Cisco experience, ITIL, Scripting, Public Cloud .
- Knowledge of ITIL and its function within
- .Microsoft (PowerPoint, excel, word)
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service skills at management level
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience establishing and documenting processes and procedures
- Strong teamwork skills
- Understand a large-scale 24x7 production environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with knowledge of problem analysis
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills
- ITIL certification desirable
This position is based in South Wales Caerphilly and offers a basic salary up to £50k with an excellent benefits package and additional bonus potential.
Due to the size of company also very good opportunities for career progression within the organization. They proactively invest in their people and put people through industry professional qualifications.