Leading European Investment Bank require a talented Senior Java Software Engineer to work on a greenfield development project. This position will involve the build of a new platform from scratch so no inheriting not fit for purpose code and unpicking someone else’s mistakes.
As a Software Engineer supporting the development of the new Clearing & Allocation Platform. This is a new build project, that will use the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure to develop and deploy a Market Leading solution. As member of the Feature Team, he/ she works in autonomy, which includes the following development tasks:
Design, develop and implement technical solutions in Microsoft Azure environments using Java programming language, Java Spring boot, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kubernetes & Docker.
Experience relevant for this job:
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Experience with java 8
- Sound knowledge of Spring boot
- AZURE or AWS Development Environment
- Refactoring experience, and resolving technical debt.
- Designing RESTful APIs and integrating third party RESTful APIs.
- Engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- Working familiarity with code revising and branding, ideally Git.
- Use of common productivity tools.
- Experience with automated testing approaches - test driven development, unit testing, integration testing, and BDD testing.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Understanding of service oriented architectures and message brokers.
Excellent opportunity to join a truly world class tier 1 banking group on a exceptional project. Sail rate is between £800-850 inside of IR35. Duration is 6 month initially and position is remote. Office in London should people prefer to work in the City.