PHP Developer with experience of Symfony, Laravel or Zend wanted by my award winning , data focused ecommerce client based in Colchester, Essex.
PHP Developer will be joining this well-established but ever-growing company to support on cutting edge web development projects that will support the company’s future growth plans which are to be achieved via their website.
The team is currently using PHP 7.2 with Symfony as well a bunch of another tech such as AWS Lambda, Elasticsearch and SQS. They use phpspec for unit tests as well as PHPUnit for the integration piece.
However, if they feel a tool is not appropriate, THEY CHANGE IT. Greenfield within this organisation really does mean greenfield, its not brown field packaged as greenfield as you may find elsewhere.
The PHP Dev will be joining a skilled team of technologists working on a mixture of project and BAU work. The idea PHP candidate will have circa 3 years’ experience development experience with exposure to PHP and Symphony, Laravel or Zend.
This is an opportunity to develop your career in a fun, flexible and growing environment. The team will provide the opportunity to try new things and expand your skill set to ensure that you enjoy what you do whilst being challenged.
- PHP Symfony (backend app code)
- MySQL for persistent data storage
- Lambda f
- SQS for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS (for the majority of other infrastructure)
- React (used for client side apps)
- Bitbucket Pipelines
PHP DEVELOPER KEY SKILLS
- The ideally candidate will have circa 3 years’ experience with PHP / similar role
- You will have knowledge of software design patterns / principles (SOLID CODE)
- You will understand the basics of HTTP and will be able to spot a Restful API when you see one
- You will understand / have experience with BDD and/or BDD
- You will be a true technologist; you will enjoy working with new skills and using the best tools on the market
- Data Driven…you must be data driven! You will be motivated by learning through experience and metrics analysis
PHP Developer is a permanent role based in Colchester offering up to £45k + bonus + benefits.
I MUST stress in order to be considered for this role YOU MUST love working with PHP as well as cool new tech!