PMO Lead with strong experience in establishing a PMO within a transformation programme worth circa £10m wanted by a FTSE 250 household name to support on the setting up a Project Management Office to manage a portfolio of large scale, business wide transformation project.
This organisation is undergoing significant business transformation that touches on all areas of the enterprise and as such the environment is fluid, challenging and rewarding.
There is no existing PMO and as such you will have the opportunity to develop it from the ground up and influence how transformation programmes and projects are delivered.
The PMO Lead will report directly into the Transformation Director and will play a key role in ensuring the Transformation agenda is delivered on time and to budget. The PMO Lead will the portfolio of Transformation Programmes are set up to success with suitable governance.
A key feature to the role is ensure that demand for each programme / project is robustly reviewed prior and during to ensure a suitable level of resource is applied to deliver the transformation on time and to budget.
The ideally candidate for the PMO Lead role will have strong experience in Agile and Traditional delivery methodologies – the business has ambition to move to being fully agile but appreciate the journey is not complete yet. You will also be comfortable facing off to C-Suite and Senior Leaders within the business to ensure programmes are clearly defined from the outset, managed and tracked throughout.
- Establish a Programme Management Office
- Creation of Transformation roadmap in partnership with strategy and planning teams.
- Establishment and management of Transformation Programme Governance Framework including but not limited to financial, demand and delivery
- Continuous Improvement of compliance within Delivery Framework methodology
- Support Programme / Project Managers with resource demand and forecasting for their programmes / projects
- Responsible for performance and status reports
- Solid PMO Lead experience
- Experience establishing a PMO from scratch
- Experience leading a team of 5 – 10 (this will increase over time)
- Worked with budgets of ~£10m
- Extensive knowledge of Project and Programme delivery methodologies
- Experience of Programme / Project delivery in a regulated industry would be a bonus
- Experience of facing off to C-Suite / Senior Leadership teams
This is a permanent role offering up to £75,000 + £5,500 car + up to 20% bonus based in Reading.
I MUST stress in order to be considered for the PMO Lead role candidates are required to have an extensive track record of PMO Leadership as well as experience establishing a PMO from scratch.