Duration: 3 months initially
Rate: £500 per day via umbrella
Current provisioning and updating of user IT hardware across the MPX corporate is often a slow, time consuming and expensive process.
To emplace the commercials, vendor(s), integrated processes and technology to address the inefficiencies in place, improve the user experience and uplift the user image of MPX IT.
Multiplex are looking for a PM with strong experience of vendor management and commercial negotiations. Ideally someone who has worked with external device vendors like Dell, Lenovo, etc.
- Previous experience of IT device procurement is a nice to have but not crucial.
- It will be a global role – there will be stakeholders in UK, Dubai and Australia. So there would be some out of hours calls.
- Most important role is for the PM to work with the BA to define what is and isn’t possible within 3 months. First 6 weeks are crucial to define whether Multiplex's ambition is possible by the end of 2021.
- They are looking for someone who could hit the ground running very fast and be able to pull together a business case, plan and proposal for Multiplex rapidly.
- No people management required. Would report into Head of Delivery for Multiplex.
There is also a requirement for the PM to cover for a cyber project (involving a Security Operations Centre roll out).
Cyber PM responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of a new managed SOC service and set up of SIEM tool (Microsoft Sentinel). Strong vendor management skills required to facilitate regular checkpoints and update internal stakeholders.
- Support with coordination of site work in two regions to improve the security of on site server technology.
- Support where required with other cyber security initiatives being run through Multiplex.
- Key focus is commercial negotiation, vendor management and Device as a Service.