Leading financial services organisation is now looking for a forward-thinking and experienced QA Manager to join their Product Development team based in Reigate.
As the new Quality Assurance Manager, you will lead a passionate and technology-focused team to ensure or industry-leading systems and applications are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards.
- Responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance including the release of applications with high quality, setting quality standards, status reporting, and learning, development, and mentoring of QA associates
- Constantly striving to improve team velocity and efficiency, allowing effective release planning and diagnostics for the team.
- Leads the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done that gets the team closer to delivering working software at the end of every sprint.
- Helps team members self-organize and apply cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
- Embraces and continuously improves Agile knowledge and skills.
- Actively advances technical skills through participation in online, instructor-led or self-taught training.
- Helps coach team members to continually develop deep functional skills while exploring cross-functional skills.
- Passionate commitment to help team develop high quality products within agreed-upon release dates.
- Helps team self-manage towards development and innovation, guided by the stakeholders’ expectation.
- Contributes to team innovation activities, requested prototyping or research and development activities.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional level of experience in software development relevant experience leading or managing an Agile Software Quality Assurance teams (50+ team members)
- Demonstrated ability of leading a globally dispersed QA team located in the UK and other locations
- Track record of delivering high profile programmes within the financial services
- Experience in managing a budget over £1M+
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance standards including expertise in manual testing, automated testing, and familiarity with load/performance testing
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
- Advanced knowledge of tools and techniques used in both manual and automated testing
- Must have strong skills in assessing and building talent: maintaining, recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, and motivating staff
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, great attention to detail, and a result-driven approach
Salary: from £75,000 to £90,000 + Bonus + Benefits