Scrum Master wanted by my Insurance client to be responsible for promoting and supporting agile and scrum techniques to their organisation.
This Scrum Master position will be a key role within the company with skills and tools to coach their teams in their understanding and application of Scrum and the Agile processes and practices.
To be considered for this Scrum Master position candidates are required to have a vast Scrum Framework knowledge and technique (definition of done, user stories, backlog refinement)
Key Tasks for Scrum Master:
- Working with the Product Owner to ensure correct prioritisation of backlog and ensure all elements are ready to progress to next stage of development.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments, e.g. finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without blame or being judged, with an emphasis of problem solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation, challenging the capacity of the sprints and facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- A strong team player with the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Being resilient and staying calm under pressure while giving clear direction in a fast-moving environment
- Strong stakeholder management and an internal and external network
- Mindset of continuous improvement, being comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills