Leading international consultancy (US owned) with a large UK footprint needs to recruit a Azure Cloud Consultant into there UK practice.
The Azure consultancy team is growing to meet customer demand for often complex and high value cloud transformation projects from traditional lift n’ shift to VM into PaaS or serverless.
You will be part of a UK team of Azure consultants focused on providing thought leadership and delivering high quality solutions to meet modern business needs in the Microsoft Azure public cloud space to our customers.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Consultant, you will design, configure and implement cutting edge enterprise Microsoft cloud technology solutions to provide clients with a cloud platform foundation for success.
With a clear focus on delivering the best value to clients for their Microsoft investment, you will work through the complete consulting life cycle, including (but not limited to):
- Running Design workshops, creating solution design documentation, presentations
- Working closely with our customers to scope project requirements and integration with their existing systems
- Design and Documentation peer-review
- Provide technical escalation to consulting team
- Configuration, integration, testing, optimisation and implementation of solutions
- Product Lifecycle and Development – Supporting our ‘Rapid Enablement’ Concept
- Mentoring, Coaching and Training internal consultants and others in line with Principal Consultant planning
- Defining and Maintaining Standards
Senior consultants are a “go-to” technical authority for the consultancy team. They provide a high degree of technical excellence to aid both customers in their engagements and other team members in their activities.
Skills required include the following
- Azure networking (VNETs, ExpressRoute, VPN, Gateways, Peering, etc)
- Azure Tenant/Subscription governance including management groups and policies
- Azure Security and auditing, including perimeter security
- Azure AD (including hybrid)
- Azure ASR
- Development and execution of incremental/idempotent ARM templates (including nested and linked templates)
- PowerShell scripts that leverage the Azure Az PowerShell module
- SQL PaaS
- Web Apps
- Structured Query Language (SQL) – including T-SQL and PL/SQL variants
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Synapse
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) and Extract Load Transform (ELT)
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Azure App Services
- Azure Functions
- Highly organised
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Respectful of others and high degree of integrity
- Excellent presentation skills / whiteboarding skills
- Leadership skills (Consultants are the leaders in the room for the customer)
- Able to articulate a solution effectively
- Discuss in-depth technical requirements and solutions
- Produce written designs, with clearly defined design decisions
- Empathy with the customer
This position is on a home based permanent contract offering a salary up to £80K with an additional bonus and excellent benefits package.
Very good opportunity to work for a leading consultancy exceptional career development within Azure on tier 1 FTS100 clients.