One of the UK’s leading financial service providers with a large presence in Leeds require a Senior Security Architect.
As a Senior Security Architect, you will be responsible for developing and executing key objectives and strategies to identify, measure, and manage risks across the global enterprise. The Senior Security Architect is essential to providing technical consulting and advisement that meet business needs for security, reliability, scalability, and availability. As part of the Global Security Operation team, provide senior-level technical expertise, consulting and coaching for Information Technology and various business units worldwide for formal and informal infrastructure and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) security advisements. Able to assess the design and deployment of high performance and scalable infrastructure and application security products to ensure the health and wellbeing of our business.
- Explore new Security technologies through testing, rating and reporting on various potential solutions with the objective of recommending the best solution for the current environment. Participate in Information Technology testing and evaluation of new technologies to insure Security is configured, rated, and considered in the selection process.
- Required Skills:
- 7+ years of previous technical experience with security networking and/or software development
- Knowledge of infrastructure and familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) design and implementation from a security governance and control perspective
- Ability to determine user requirements under prescribed guidance and establish the appropriate Security Controls necessary
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other similar technical degree, or equivalent experience
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification
- IT Engineering skills and experience
- IT Architecture and design experience
- Technical consulting experience
- Cloud Architecture, design and security experience
- General threat and vulnerability knowledge
- Familiarity with various Security frameworks, such as FISMA, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOX
- Results Focused: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, proactively supports other team members, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, and builds relationships across the organization
- Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the critical details
- Proven ability to self-organize, prioritize activities independently, create documentation and metrics
- Ability to interface with business and technology stakeholders as well we manage expectations
- Ability to both tactically and strategically deliver on objectives and goals
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
This role is based in central Leeds and offers a daily rate up to £650 per day and is deemed inside of IR35. Initial duration is 6 months.